Chapel Street Precinct and KIIS 101.1 have made history announcing the winner of a huge $100,000 Life Upgrade was 25 year old Emilie Downey of Windsor.
The promotion was launched on air with KIIS 101.1’s Matt & Meshel on Friday morning and the competition runs over the next six weeks with one lucky listener winning a life upgrade on Chapel Street with $100,000.00 to spend.
The life-changing $100,000 campaign will deliver KIIS 101.1’s most lucrative prize ever, plus all shortlisted listeners who don’t take out the top prize will be gifted $100 vouchers to spend on Chapel Street.
Chapel Street will be abuzz with a flood of ‘Snap Chap Crew’ between 10am and 9pm each weekend, giving additional wildcard entrants the chance to win.
The 25-year-old special needs teacher, who fell in love with Chapel Street the moment she moved to Melbourne from Perth two years ago, will soon be shopping up a storm in her favourite shopping precinct and already knows where she will be spending her lucrative prize.
She entered the history-making promotion when she was one of 1200 wild card entrants photographed on Chapel Street by a member of the ‘Snap Chap Crew’ who was out every weekend throughout the six-week campaign.
Two hundred and seventy-one shortlisted entrants were handed $100 vouchers to spend on Chapel Street over the course the campaign.
“I have never won anything like this before, I am so excited!” Emilie said.
“I always knew she wanted to live on Chapel Street and on the first weekend I visited Melbourne, a lady overheard me talking in a café with my parents and offered her a room to rent in Windsor! I’ve been renting near Chapel Street ever since.
“The first thing I want to do with my winnings is go and get the apple crumble porridge from Journey Man on Chapel St and a coffee with (my partner) James.”
Emilie is set to shop, eat, drink, stay and play her way through Chapel Street for a year…and all paid for. She plans to upgrade her life with the following purchases:
– Staying at The Cullen hotel to live rent free for a year
– Flights from Flight Centre to fly her family over to visit from WA, whenever she wants
– A years’ worth of groceries at Coles
– All the dresses from Mister Zimi
– Eating out whenever she likes at Tokyo Tina, Fonda, Sauced and Journey Man
– Buying her favourite things from Milk and Sugar, Designer Space and Handworks
– Buying all the extras at Katmandu, Target, Nike, Mimco and Wittner
– PJ’s for Mum from Sussan
– Her weekend shopping is sorted for the year at Prahan Market
– Buying active wear at Lulelemon
– Head to Seed for her work clothes
– A new wardrobe for her partner at Bronze Snake, Mr Simple, Industrie and The Windsor Annex
“From hotel chains to travel agents, homewares and fashion brands, so many retailers in the precinct jumped on board to showcase their unique and expansive offering!” said Chrissie Maus (Chapel Street Events & Marketing Director)